October 10, 2013 posted by admin

October 10, 2013
Postponement!  The big announcement in today’s race briefing was as follows.

Due to a massive low connecting in with another low over the Bay of Biscay and a large section of the Atlantic Ocean, we are officially postponed until at least Wednesday most likely.  This low that is spinning up is looking like it will produce 30 – 40 knots of wind on the nose (SW) coming around Cap Finisterre.  The Cap is a particularly tricky area of navigation.  Cliffs, high winds and a massive Traffic Separation Scheme that must be avoided, have all added up to an official postponement.

One Response to “Postponement”

  1. Dave Hamburger Says:

    Quick…back to the spa!!!

Leave a Reply